Every couple has a wedding budget, no matter what size, very few of us have an endless pot of cash ready and waiting.
With that in mind how do you know what to spend on and what to save on?
1. Do Save on Decor – It is so easy to get carried away with decorating the venue and reception, but Less really can be more. You will be surprised at how classy hand made centre pieces or simple table names can look if you have a bit of inspiration.
2. Do Save on Hired Help – Get your friends involved, they will love to help you and they may have hidden talents up their sleeves. Ask away, however don’t expect them to do a professional job always!
3. Do Save on the Dress – Ok this is a tricky one, but after all it is just a dress, you will only wear it for one day. I would say invest in the accessories you can wear again that will make the look instead.
4. Do Save on Rings – Again this one may be a little controversial, but it is what they stand for that counts not the Carats! You can then promise each other that after 10 years you can invest in new expensive ones when you haven’t got to pay for a wedding!
5. Do Save on Numbers – Pick the people you really want at your wedding, why pay for those acquaintances who you may never see again after the big day. Choose your nearest and dearest, invite the rest later!
6. Do Save on Bubbles – Champagne may be traditional, but to be honest who really drinks it? Swap it for some lovely bubbly wine, Rose’ or Punch. As long as you have something for a toast will guests really remember there was no champagne?
7. DON’T SAVE ON A PHOTOGRAPHER!!! - this is one area you would be foolish to try and save on! This is likely to be the only chance you get to get all your loved ones together. You need to look back on the photos in 50 years, pass on to your friends etc and if they go wrong, you can’t get everyone together again! With digital cameras everywhere many fancy themselves as a bit of a photographer but trust me they are not! A real pro has so many tricks up their sleeve to make your photos amazing, an amateur will only have sweat!
8. DON’T SAVE ON WHAT YOU REALLY WANT! Yes we all have to compromise and keep that little ‘inner child’ that whines “I WANT IT!” in control at all times, especially when money is tight. But if deep down after much thought there is something that really niggles at you that you want. Don’t hold back too much you will regret it.
9. Do Spend on the Right People – if you have confidence that a wedding pro can get and give you the wedding you desire then that is a spend you should do.
10. Do Spend on your priorities – List what really matters to you for your wedding, is is keeping guests happy is it just enjoying yourself, is it the food, entertainment? etc and spend on those things and you are guaranteed a wedding that you love. Don’t worry about how much it is costing. All that matters is you and your fiancé have the best day ever!
Where are you spending your budget and what are you saving on? Do you agree or disagree with me?
Add a comment and tell me now!